The Material

14 KARAT GOLD FILLED: gold filled is a thick layer of gold bonded on both sides of a brass core.  Gold filled jewelry is legally required to be 5% or 1/20 gold by weight. Gold filled can be considered a long-term metal. Due to its cost and durability, Gold filled is the next best option to solid gold!

STERLING SILVER: is Silver which is 92.5% purity. The remaining 7.5% can be any one of several other metals or a combination of metals. It's most often copper, but the composition can vary. Sterling silver can also be known as 925 Silver.

GEMSTONE BEADS: all gemstone beads used are purchased through reputable gem dealers in Canada and India.  All are graded AA or AAA. Variation in colour, size and natural inclusions are to be expected and are part of the beauty of natural stones.

BAROQUE PEARLS: are an irregular, non-spherical shape. Shapes can range from minor to distinctly ovoid, curved, pinched or lumpy shapes.

RONDELLE: refers to the shape of the bead. A rondelle bead is disc or doughnut shaped and wider than the height of the bead.

CHATOYANCE: is an optical phenomenon in which a band of reflected light, known as a 'cat's-eye,' moves just beneath the surface.